- CLS uses the European model (ECMWF), which is the global standard in terms of quality.
Knowledge of weather and forecasting its evolution in a specific region are essential for planning operations at sea.
Every day, the service CATSAT provides two forecasts:
§ Forecast from D+1 to D+3
§ Forecast from D+4 to D+7
Each forecast consists of parameters of atmospheric pressure, wind, wave height and wave action. The spatial resolution maps of atmospheric pressure (in mbar) are 1°.
- Knowing the weather conditions and its possible near-future evolution over the fishing area is mandatory for planning operations at sea.
CATSAT provides you with maps representing the atmosphere pressure in and all around your area of interest.
- On the maps, winds are represented by vectors of intensity (in knots) and direction (in degrees). The display is made respecting wind meteorological standards.
- In CATSAT, you can visualize maps representing the height of the swell and the waves on your areas of fishing.
These maps are very useful to plan operations in case of rough seas and help to better anticipate the trend of a specific area for the next days
- CATSAT service delivers daily cloud maps (maps of cloud cover measured by satellite instruments and maps of cloud visible measured by infrared instruments).
These maps are interesting to locate areas of high rainfall
- With the CATSAT software you can overlap the cyclones listed by the international meteorological centers
Copyright © 2001-2013, CATSAT. All rights reserved.